Katrina Murphy is a transformational life coach who’s focus is to connect with women in transition, find their true passion and empower their change for the future. Her vision is to enlighten and provide support in achieving personal fulfillment.
In a nutshell, she wants people to experience sincere and long-lasting happiness., the kind that comes from a feeling of being deeply fulfilled. What that means is different for each of us, but the reality is the same: Dig deep, do the work, release blocks and move forward in confidence. Maintain your highest frequency.
Katrina holds an Honours Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Trent University and specialized in the areas of learning, motivation, aging, organizational and health psychology. Her studies in Psychology have established an understanding of human perception and learning. She is constantly engaging in new training and learning concepts to further assist her clients. More importantly, Katrina is committed to her own personal development. In this way, she’s doing the work that her clients do as well. Above all, she is present in her coaching and devoted to supporting her clients.
I lead a pretty charmed life. My husband and I (of almost 25 years) have 2 great kids, enjoy each others’ company and spend time on various home reno and entertaining hobbies. Life is good.
Unfortunately, I was also pretending. I WAS really good at making everything look perfect, regardless of the pain. Regardless of the stressors and situations, I always said everything was “ok”.
Wearing my mask was easy.
What wasn’t easy was to let people in to see my struggles. To let them hear my pain. God forbid even asking for help was impossible. Accepting help was unheard of.
I needed to be strong.
But strong is isolating. Strong makes you go-it-alone. There is no power in being strong. Unfortunately, strength isn’t found in silence or in pretending.
My power came from vulnerability. From asking for help…letting my friends love on me and accepting their support with grace.
I’ve done the Psych degree…and I’ve completed the Coaching certification….but I’m still working on me. I’m still growing and learning. I’m passionate about self-discovery, personal healing, and empowerment. I delve into my personal development with both vigor and fear…fear of what I might find and have to face.
It’s because I have gone to my own dark places…my shadows…I have faced my story and written new chapters… That’s how I can take my clients there too.
My goal is authenticity.
My goal is to never stop growing.
My goal is to create community, to increase connection and to serve my clients powerfully, effectively creating change in their lives.
PASSION – POWER – PURPOSE
Other Things You Might Not Know About Me…
- I’m both an introvert and an extrovert.
- At the age of 17, I injured my back during a football game which went undiagnosed for 2 years. Fortunately, I was able to have spinal surgery when I was 19, just prior to heading off to school.
- I love to write. Blog posts, Social posts, journaling…it doesn’t matter. This was probably the greatest gift from my university career.
- I have my own coach. I pay her more than I “think” I can afford. Our work is life-changing.
- I love music: I dance alone and sing loudly in the car even if people stare.
- I love to laugh.
- I am addicted to creativity. The release of emotions brings me clarity.
- I learn from my clients all the time. People are incredible. To experience their resilience and dedication is empowering and life-altering.
- Authenticity is key.